Peckham Heritage Regeneration Partnership’s first event of 2018:
‘Conservation Areas’ are 50 years old. The first one was designated in 1967 and there are now over 10,000 in England.
Peckham town centre is within the Rye Lane Peckham Conservation Area, and there are three more Conservation Areas adjacent.
This PUBLIC MEETING will be opportunity to explore a range of questions including:
- What are Conservation Areas are? How do they protect our historic built environments?
- What pressures are Conservation Areas facing? Can they fail?
- What does positive and negative change look and feel like?
- What can be done to boost the impact of Conservation Areas?
We’ve gathered an esteemed panel to share their thoughts an observations around these questions:
- Simon Bevan, Director of Housing, Southwark Council
- Ian Harvey, Executive Director of Civic Voice
- Claire Hegarty, Chair of Peckham Heritage Regeneration Partnership.
Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at All Saints Church Hall, Blenheim Grove, Peckham, SE15 4QS. 7-9pm (6.30pm for refreshments).
Booking is advised. Contact [email protected] / 0207 525 3265