The PECKHAM HERITAGE REGENERATION PARTNERSHIP is part of the PECKHAM TOWNSCAPE HERITAGE INITIATIVE and has been running for two years.
What does the Partnership do?
The Partnership is a formal requirement of the Heritage Lottery funding and meets quarterly (currently on Tuesday evenings) to consider 3 main areas:
• Review and advise on the main capital programme to restore heritage buildings within the Peckham town centre;
• Work collaboratively to prioritise, develop, publicise and review the programme of Community Activities funded through the Peckham Townscape Heritage Initiative;
• Identify opportunities to work collectively to promote awareness and take action to enhance the Rye Lane Peckham Conservation Area and Peckham town centre.
Activities to date include
• Funded and launched the new website – www.peckhamheritage.org.uk
• Hosted a series of Peckham Heritage Talks, including the public meeting on Managing Change in Conservation Areas;
• Hosted an event on Caring for Traditional Buildings and funded the development of a Heritage Learning Resource for primary schools.
THERE ARE MANY IDEAS ABOUT HOW TO TAKE THE WORK OF THE PARTNERSHIP FORWARD. NEW MEMBERS ARE SOUGHT TO HELP DO THIS.
We currently have 5 places available for membership/co-option. These can be individual residents as well as local businesses, organisations & groups.
IDEALLY YOU WILL BE:
• passionate about Peckham; interested in its local history and architecture & design;
• interested in working to raise awareness of the Rye Lane Conservation Area
• interested in community activities that raise awareness of local history, the built environment, and bring people from different communities together
Apart from attending meetings it would be valuable if you had time to take on some practical tasks in between meetings:
• plan and help out at events or information stalls to promote the Conservation Area, the town centre & local heritage;
• review and comment on planning applications & other relevant documents;
• helping out with communications – website, Tweets etc.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please complete this applicaton form Best 2018 Application to PHRP
and send this by midday Thursday 8th March to email@example.com
Contact Julie Mallett on 0207 525 3265